A searchable database of Reference Elements consisting of outcrop images and 3D models collected globally. Each Reference Element is an example of a sedimentological, structural and stratigraphic feature relevant to understanding subsurface relationships.
- Locations show examples of key sedimentological, structural and stratigraphic features
- Multiple 3D images that can be rotated, panned and zoomed to inspect details
- Videos, static images and interpretation overlays are available
- Descriptions and guides to key features provided by subject area experts
- Full location information and stratigraphic context
- Links to relevant published literature
For an example of a database entry click here
SEARCHING THE DATABASE
The database can be searched via the subject area menu or using the keywords search.
The database is continually expanding and we would welcome your ideas for locations and features.